This discussion will provide an overview of different charitable planning strategies, considerations and tax planning benefits that should be discussed with business owners as they are planning for the exit or transition of their business.
- Overview of charitable planning vehicles
- Considerations when gifting business interests
- Tax benefits of gifting business interests
- Pre-sales Opportunity: Charitable planning strategies in a pre-sales planning situation to deepen and retain relationships with your best clients.
- Strategy: By funding the most appropriate charitable giving vehicle or vehicles ahead of a business sale, the client can pre-fund their charitable giving and establish their family’s charitable legacy.
- Strategy in action: A pre-sale contribution of assets can increase the assets available for grant making, reduce your client’s tax burden, and allow assets to be managed with the opportunity to grow tax free.